Congratulations! You’ve found The Best Chocolate Chip Perfect Bar Recipe! Each copycat bar is loaded with 16 grams of protein. You only need 6 ingredients and no baking is necessary! Vegan-friendly, dairy-free & gluten-free.
What to Love About These Homemade Peanut Butter Protein Bars
If you’re wondering, “What is a perfect bar?” they’re basically peanut butter protein bars! This chocolate chip peanut butter perfect bar recipe is the best healthy snack! Highly addicting, satisfying, and chewy! You won’t need any other protein bar in your life (well besides my chewy granola bars maybe), trust me.
Even if you’ve never had a perfect bar before, this homemade peanut butter perfect bar recipe will be your new favorite. They only take about 10 minutes to make and require very minimal ingredients! You simply mix all ingredients together, press the dough into a pan, and freeze until set! That’s it! So simple, and they are the best chocolate chip peanut butter perfect bar copycat!
DIY Perfect Bar Nutrition Facts
I truly love you guys because I made this copycat perfect bar recipe 3 different ways! You can stay updated on my Instagram to see whenever I’m recipe testing (some flops and successes!) I used an unflavored whey protein powder, a vanilla plant-based protein powder, and an unflavored plant-based protein powder. ALL of them turned out amazing! The unflavored plant-based protein powder did make the bars taste a little less sweet, but that can easily be fixed with a tad more honey if needed (I didn’t mind them being less sweet).
Nutrition breakdown for 3 different protein powders I tested (this is excluding the chocolate chips because everyone can use a different brand and amount):
Room temperature: You can keep these copycat perfect bars at room temperature for up to a week! Store in an airtight container or resealable bag. You can feel confident leaving the house with one of these in hand for the perfect on-the-go healthy snack.
Refrigerator: Exactly like the original Perfect bar, these diy perfect bars can be stored in the fridge for up to 2 months!
Freezer: Store homemade chocolate chip peanut butter perfect bars in an airtight container or resealable bag in the freezer for up to 4 months! If using whey protein powder, the bars will remain chewy, STRAIGHT OUT OF THE FREEZER! This same thing happens with my Chewy Homemade Granola Bars too! It’s truly magical. If using a plant-based protein powder, the bars will still soften once taken out of the freezer. They will initially be a little harder in texture out of the freezer though. Still equally delicious!
I cannot wait for you to give this Chocolate Chip Peanut Butter Perfect Bar Recipe a try! Please snap a picture and share it with me! Seeing your kitchen creations makes my day and encourages me to keep creating new recipes for you!
Congratulations! You've found The Best Perfect Bar Recipe! Each copycat bar is loaded with 16 grams of protein! You only need 6 ingredients and no baking is necessary! Vegan friendly, dairy-free & gluten-free!
1. Line a 1.5 quart dish with parchment paper. (You can use whatever dish you have on hand)
2. In a medium bowl or using a standing mixer, add all ingredients except chocolate chips and mix with large spoon or firm spatula. Press the back of spoon down against ingredients and the side of bowl to disperse the peanut butter until a dough forms. NOTE: If dough is a little dry, add a little more almond milk until you get a soft dough. If dough seems too sticky, add a little more oat flour (all protein powders act differently so this is why you may need to adjust the recipe a bit).
3. Transfer protein bar dough to parchment lined dish. Using your fingers or the back of spatula, press dough down into an even layer. Sprinkle chocolate chips on top and press them down into dough. PRO TIP: Use parchment paper to press dough into bars so it doesn't stick to your hands! (shown in video above). You can also wet your fingers to avoid sticking.
4. Place perfect bars in the freezer for 15-30 minutes until set. Transfer out of freezer, cut, and enjoy! (makes about 7 bars)
5. Store in an airtight container on the counter for up to a week, the refrigerator for up to 2 months, or the freezer for up to 4 months!
Protein Powder: You can use any protein powder you have on hand. I would stick with vanilla or unflavored to get the best perfect bar flavor. I’ve tried with 3 different types (unflavored whey, vanilla plant based, unflavored plant based) and they all turned out amazing. Nutrition information for perfect bars using each protein powder is listed in blog post above. Whey protein powder will make these bars the chewiest! Unflavored plant based protein powder may require more honey to taste (I didn’t mind them being less sweet though).
Freezing: I love eating my homemade perfect bars straight from the freezer because they are still soft and chewy when you make them with whey protein powder. Plant based protein powder firms up a bit more in the fridge and freezer, but they can still be eaten straight from the freezer too!
Use code "shh20" for FREE SHIPPING off your online nut-butter orders at Georgia Grinders!
Be sure to tag @secretlyhealthyhome on Instagram, Facebook or Pinterest with a picture of your perfect bars! I love seeing your kitchen creations so please leave a comment and rate the recipe if you make it! It really helps support me and encourages me to keep making recipes for you!
There are affiliate links on this site. I do earn from qualifying purchases, at no cost to you the buyer. Thank you for supporting Secretly Healthy Home!
1 Bar With Unflavored Grass Fed Whey Amount Per Serving:Calories: 272Total Fat: 11.6gCarbohydrates: 31.3gNet Carbohydrates: 27.3gFiber: 4gSugar: 15.5gProtein: 16g
Did you make this recipe?
Be sure to tag @secretlyhealthyhome on Instagram, Facebook or Pinterest with a picture of your recipe creation! Please leave a star rating and or comment! It really helps support me and encourages me to keep making recipes for you!