Peppermint Mocha Overnight Oats (+Protein)
Always in a pinch to make breakfast? Do you end up just grabbing your coffee and running out the door? (We’ve all been there.) Well, we’ve got you covered with these Overnight Oats. Make them the night before for a HEALTHY, easy, on-the-go breakfast for your busy mornings!
Waking up to the smell of sweet peppermint filling your lungs… ahhhh. There is something about peppermint that clears the airways and leaves you feeling refreshed. That is exactly what these Peppermint Mocha Overnight Oats will do for you.
The properties found in peppermint also make it AMAZING for our bodies. It has the ability to:
- Aid digestion (relieving bloating)
- Unclog sinuses
- Improve energy
- Help relieve menstrual cramps and nausea
Peppermint Mocha Overnight Oats +Protein
Oh, and of course we can’t forget the other star of this breakfast… CHOCOLATE protein. We are using a special protein powder that gives this recipe a Plant-Powered Protein Punch! Say that 5 times fast.
More Secretly Healthy Ingredients
Mocha Overnight Oats
- In this breakfast, there is extra cacao powder to make these oats even more chocolatey! You might be asking, Isn’t it already chocolatey enough with that chocolate protein powder? Here’s my long-drawn-out answer… no. The more chocolate the merrier!…that’s a saying, right? Cacao powder is filled with antioxidants and other key nutrients that will give your body and mind energy and clarity in the early morning. So, “chocolate for breakfast!” Can’t get any better than that my friends. Check out my post on How to Build Your Superfood Pantry, to learn even more about cacao powder and it’s health benefits.
Creamy Overnight Oats
2. Plain non-fat Greek yogurt. Now, this secret ingredient might have you scratching your head, but trust me it makes these oats so creamy, thick and delicious. It gives them an extra protein boost too! (12-17g of protein depending on the brand you use). Adding yogurt provides the essential probiotics your body needs for digestion and optimal gut health! Greek yogurt contains calcium which helps muscle building and bone strength. You can also find 21.3% of your daily value of Vitamin B-12 in Greek yogurt!
Combined with the sweetness from the protein powder, you can’t even taste this sneakily healthy ingredient.
(You can use any plain or vanilla yogurt you have on hand)
Fat Burning Overnight Oats
3. CINNAMON. The definition of warm and cozy in my opinion. Cinnamon’s health benefits are amazing. It naturally boosts your metabolism, is high in antioxidants, LOWERS blood sugar levels, and has anti-inflammatory properties. Just a little pinch and these oats are all the more secretly healthy.
Make-Ahead & Take On-The-Go Breakfast
I think my favorite part about these oats is that you make them the night before and have them for a quick breakfast in the morning. I actually prefer to make 3-4 jars at once to eat throughout the week! Eating the same flavor of oats every day can be a bit boring though. My other overnight oat recipes use the same base ingredients, so all you have to do is change up a couple of ingredients and WHAM! You have a variety of overnight oats for whatever your feelin’ in the morning. (More Overnight Oat Recipes)
Meal Prep is a beautiful thing when you’re a momma. Or if you’re any human being for that matter! Who doesn’t love reaching into the fridge and pulling out an already made healthy meal?
As a result of prepping these oats, you may save your sanity and dignity. You know those times when you’re past the point of hunger and your stomach is grumbling so loud your children or co-workers think you have gas? There’s no time to think about making anything. Take action immediately and grab those Peppermint Mocha Overnight Oats!
PIN FOR LATER
Peppermint Mocha Overnight Oats (+Protein)
Vegan, Gluten-free, and Dairy-free! Tastes like Christmas in a bowl. These Peppermint Mocha Overnight Oats will satisfy that chocolate craving while at the same time fill you with 25g of protein and other key nutrients!
- ½ Cup Old Fashioned Rolled Oats
- 1 Scoop Plant-Based Chocolate Protein Powder
- ¼ Cup Plain Non-Fat Greek Yogurt (or Plain Non-Dairy Yogurt of Choice)
- 1 Tbs Shredded Unsweetened Coconut
- 1/4 tsp Cinnamon
- 1 Tbs Cacao Powder
- ½ Cup Unsweetened Almond Milk (or milk of choice)
- ½ Cup Water (may omit if wanting thicker oats)
- 1/4 tsp Peppermint Extract
- Dash of Pink Himalayan Salt (Extra health benefits)
- Dairy-free chocolate chips, nuts, peanut butter, fruit
1. Combine all ingredients into a 12 oz sealable jar (or larger)
2. Close the lid and shake oats until all ingredients are mixed together (Should only take 10-15 seconds)
3. Store in the fridge overnight (Or 4 hours minimum) to let oats soak and thicken
4. In the morning, pop on toppings and pour into a bowl or eat them straight from the jar for a convenient on-the-go breakfast!
You can make multiple jars of these oats at one time and store them in the fridge for up to 4 days! Want to switch up the flavors? Try out my Energizing Matcha Overnight Oats recipe!
-Experiment with liquid amounts to get your desired thickness.
-This is a large portion size so feel free to make it into 2 servings
***Try it out and be sure to tag us on Instagram! @secretlyhealthyhome
There are affiliate links on this site. I do earn from qualifying purchases, at no cost to you the buyer. Thank you for supporting Secretly Healthy Home!
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 382Total Fat: 14.6gCarbohydrates: 42.7gNet Carbohydrates: 31.3gFiber: 11.4gSugar: 5.2gProtein: 25.8gg
I made this and it was very watery and the mint was overpowering, i would only put one drop of peppermint extract and leave out the water 🙂 usually you need a 1:1 ratio for oats to liquid
Hi Grace! Thank you so much for the feedback 🙂 I usually like my oats a little more liquidy so that’s why I add the extra 1/2 cup water. I made a note on the recipe to have it optional now just in case people like thicker oats. And good to know about the peppermint! I think that one is personal preference too. I like mine extra minty 😉 So great to know you can add less to make it how you desire. Hope you make this recipe again! 🙂
Thank you for the reply! I liked the recipie and will definitly make it in the future! Thanks for putting it out there for people to use 🙂