Love nutella? What about S’mores? Well, you’re in for a treat because this Nutella S’mores baked oatmeal recipe is BOTH! And it’s actually healthy for you! It’s vegan, gluten-free, and packed with plant based protein!
Healthy Nutella Breakfast Recipe
Despite how nutella is portrayed as a “healthy” breakfast food, it’s really not that healthy for you. It’s loaded with extra processed sugars and oils. So how do we make this baked oatmeal healthy with nutella?!
This oatmeal recipe uses absolutely no eggs or regular milk! We use plant based milk as listed above. Feel free to use any milk you have on hand though! And even if you don’t have milk, you can sub with good ole’ H2O (water). The oats and protein powder make this oatmeal bake soft, chewy, and slightly fluffy without having to add any eggs.
Store baked oatmeal in the fridge for up to a week. When ready to eat, microwave for about 40 seconds or reheat in the oven. You can also eat it cold! Serve with desired toppings. Baked oatmeal topping ideas are listed above.
Can You Freeze Baked Oatmeal?
Yes! You can freeze the baked oatmeal either uncooked or cooked for up to 2 months. Thaw on your counter a few hours before popping it into the oven.
Can You Make Baked Oatmeal Ahead of Time?
Absolutely! Prepare the baked oatmeal one day in advance and pop the unbaked oatmeal in the refrigerator to bake in the morning! Perfect for when guests are in town or for Christmas morning!
Love nutella? What about S'mores? Well, you’re in for a treat because this baked oatmeal flavor is BOTH! And it’s actually healthy for you! It’s vegan, gluten-free, and packed with plant based protein!
Prep Time10 minutes
Cook Time40 minutes
Total Time50 minutes
1 Cup Mashed Banana (about 2 very ripe bananas) (See Note 5 for substitutions)
2. In a 2 quart baking dish mash the banana with the back of a fork. Add all other ingredients into baking dish except chocolate chips, graham crackers and marshmallows. Stir until mixture is combined.
3. Sprinkle chocolate chips on top and press them down into baked oatmeal with back of fork. (You can add extra chocolate chips on top if desired)
4. Bake at 350 F. for 30 minutes then pull out of oven (do not turn oven off). Top with broken up graham crackers, then sprinkle on crushed graham crackers. Lastly, top with marshmallows (I left some whole, and ripped some in pieces).
5. Place oatmeal back in oven to bake for another 8-10 minutes or until golden brown.
6. Wait at least 10 minutes for it to cool and set.
7. Serve with fresh berries, banana slices, nut butter, homemade nutella, or your favorite milk!
8. Store in the fridge for up to a week and enjoy a premade healthy breakfast all week long!
Liquid Measurement: You can use any liquid of choice for this recipe. I use a combination of plain unsweetened almond milk and water to make the oats thick and creamy. You can swap the milk for all water or do a different combination. I have found that this combo works perfectly though!
Oats: Most oats are gluten-free, just make sure by checking the packaging! I love this brand.
Protein Powder: Any plant based protein powder works just be aware that if your protein powder has a strong flavor, it may overpower the flavor of the nutella. Feel free to use less protein powder to avoid this. I DON'T recommend using whey protein powder because it can change the texture of the baked oatmeal drastically. I have had people use whey and they love it, so just be aware of the texture difference.
Bananas Aren’t Ripe? If you want to make this baked oatmeal, but your bananas aren’t ripe or soft enough, feel free to pop them in the oven at 350 F. for 15 minutes until the skin is black and bananas are soft. Full instructions can be found on my Chocolate Banana Bread recipe.
Don’t have bananas? You can sub the banana with ½ Cup of your favorite yogurt or 1 Cup Unsweetened Apple Sauce. Adjust the amount of honey/maple syrup to taste if needed.
Use code "shh20" for FREE SHIPPING off your online nut-butter orders at Georgia Grinders!
Be sure to tag @secretlyhealthyhome on Instagram, Facebook or Pinterest with a picture of your recipe creation! Please leave a star rating and or comment! It really helps support me and encourages me to keep making recipes for you!