I never knew this about marshmallows, but you don’t need to bake them! You just set them out on your counter and in a few hours you have the perfect homemade healthy marshmallows! Talk about a yummy no-bake dessert.
Benefits of Grass-Fed Gelatin
Before getting into this super simple homemade healthy marshmallow recipe you need to knowHOW AMAZING grass-fed gelatin is for you! Now, the gelatin found in foods like Jello is not the kind of gelatin I’m talking about here. We’re talkin’ thereal deal grass-fed kind. Grass-fed means that the cattle you are getting your gelatin from are eating a rich diet of plants, not grains and harmful pesticides.
Here are all the potential benefits your yummy healthy marshmallows can give you:
Strong Joints (Decreased joint pain)
You can read more about the benefits of grass-fed gelatin here.
How to Eat these Homemade Healthy Marshmallows
I love enjoying these marshmallows on my Superfood Hot Chocolate! I posted the recipe on Instagram. Definitely check it out! My husband who loves unhealthy hot chocolate LOVES this healthy superfood hot chocolate! So I’m sure you will too!
You don’t need to add any sweetener to your hot drinks if you just pop these yummy marshmallows on top! They get soft, melty and sweeten the drinks perfectly. And they are so fun to slurp up!
You can also eat these healthy marshmallows plain or pop them on your coffee! Oooo they would also go perfectly on top of a Matcha Latte! Or baked onto some Paleo Fudge Brownies. YUM! The possibilities are really endless.
1. Line a 9x13 pan with parchment paper or grease with coconut oil.
2. In a large mixing bowl (or with standing mixer), add ½ cup warm water (just slightly warm to the touch) and ¼ cup grass-fed gelatin. Stir till just combined (5 seconds). Let the mixture sit for 5 minutes.
3. While the gelatin is sitting, in a small saucepan add the remaining ½ cup water along with 1 cup honey and ¼ tsp pink Himalayan salt. Whisk and bring to a slight boil. Continue to whisk and boil the mixture for 8 minutes.
4. After the honey water mixture is done, carefully bring it over to the standing mixer with the gelatin. Turn the mixer on low and slowly pour in the honey mixture (you can also use a hand mixer to do this).
5. When the honey mixture is added, turn the mixer on high and mix for another 10-15 minutes. (It will be liquidy at first but magically turn thick and form peaks) (See Note 1)
6. Mix in vanilla extract, then pour the mixture into parchment lined pan, smooth out and let set for a minimum of 4 hours or preferably overnight.
7. Cut with pizza cutter and store in airtight container on the counter for up to 3 weeks!
The mixture will be dark in color when you first start to mix it. Trust me, it will lighten as you mix it! Be patient. It takes about 10 minutes and then soft peaks will form and it will turn a brighter pale white color. Once peeks form transfer it quickly to pan before it sets.
DO NOT store marshmallows in the fridge or they will melt. Store them in an airtight container on the counter for up to 3 weeks.
Definitely give these homemade healthy marshmallows a try! They are perfect with a healthy hot drink! Snap a picture and tag us on Instagram or Facebook! @secretlyhealthyhome
There are affiliate links on this site. I do earn from qualifying purchases, at no cost to you the buyer. Thank you for supporting Secretly Healthy Home!
54 Amount Per Serving:Calories: 21Total Fat: 0gCarbohydrates: 5.2gSugar: 5.2gProtein: 0.5g
Did you make this recipe?
Be sure to tag @secretlyhealthyhome on Instagram, Facebook or Pinterest with a picture of your recipe creation! Please leave a star rating and or comment! It really helps support me and encourages me to keep making recipes for you!