You only need one bowl to make these easy, healthy lemon poppy seed muffins! They’re completely gluten-free, refined sugar-free, and have an easy dairy-free option. The perfect combo of moist and fluffy!
I specifically use plain nonfat greek yogurt to boost the protein and cut down on unnecessary fats in my recipes. Plain nonfat greek yogurt also adds healthy probiotics as well! Interested in learning more about greek yogurt? Here’s an amazing article talking all about the benefits of greek yogurt. You can use a dairy-free yogurt to keep these lemon poppy seed muffins dairy-free!
Low Sugar Lemon Muffins
What’s not to love about a low sugar muffin? Not only are these healthy lemon muffins low in sugar, they’re actually made with all UNREFINED sugar! Staying away from refined sugars is so important when wanting to maintain a healthy diet. We use honey to sweeten these gluten-free lemon muffins, but you can also use 100% pure maple syrup.
You only need one bowl to whip up these healthy lemon poppy seed muffins!
Mix all your wet ingredients together until smooth.
Fold in your dry ingredients.
Scoop into muffin tin.
Bake at 350 F. for 12-15 minutes.
Let cool for 10 minutes, then drizzle with lemon cream cheese glaze and devour!
Healthy Gluten-Free Lemon Muffins
What makes these lemon muffins gluten-free you ask? Well, we use a combination of oat flour and a little almond flour. Oat flour is one of my absolute favorite healthy flour alternatives. It’s rich in fiber and loaded with vitamins and minerals. You can read more about the benefits of oat flour and find other healthy flour alternatives here!
These muffins are hands down the BEST! Here are a few reasons why:
Perfectly Moist (without using a ton of oil!)
Done in 20 minutes or less!
Amazing with the healthy lemon cream cheese glaze!
I cannot wait for you to give this healthy lemon poppy seed muffin recipe a try! Please snap a picture and share it with me! Seeing your kitchen creations makes my day and encourages me to keep creating new recipes for you!
You only need one bowl to make these easy healthy lemon poppy seed muffins! They’re completely gluten-free, refined sugar-free, and have an easy dairy-free option. The perfect combo of moist and fluffy!
2. In a medium bowl, combine all the wet ingredients and whisk until smooth.
3. To the wet mixture, fold in the oat flour, almond flour, salt and poppy seeds. Then fold in the baking powder until just combined.
5. Divide the batter evenly among muffin tins, filling each almost to the top (should fill 12 muffin cups).
6. Bake at 350 F. for 12-15 minutes until a toothpick comes out clean or with just a few moist crumbs. Optional: While the muffins bake, make lemon cream cheese icing by combining softened cream cheese, maple syrup, plant based milk, lemon juice and lemon zest in a medium bowl. Beat with an electric hand mixer or fork until smooth. Add more or less liquid to get desired glaze consistency.
7. Let muffins cool for 5 minutes before transferring out of pan. Top with homemade lemon cream cheese icing and enjoy!
8. Store in an airtight container on the counter for up to 4 days, in the fridge for a week or freezer for up to 3 months.
Egg Substitute: I have not tested a flax egg, but if you do, use 1 Tbs ground flax + 2 Tbs water. Let me know how they turn out if you try!
Don’t have almond flour? I have not tested this recipe with just oat flour, but if you try this, perhaps add a touch more honey. Let me know if you make them this way!
Lemon Cream Cheese Glaze: add more or less liquid to get desired consistency.
Use code "shh20" for FREE SHIPPING off your online nut-butter orders at Georgia Grinders!
Be sure to tag @secretlyhealthyhome on Instagram, Facebook or Pinterest with a picture of your recipe! I love seeing your kitchen creations so please leave a comment and rate the recipe if you make it! It really helps support me!
There are affiliate links on this site. I do earn from qualifying purchases, at no cost to you the buyer. Thank you for supporting Secretly Healthy Home!
1 muffin without glaze Amount Per Serving:Calories: 143Total Fat: 6gCarbohydrates: 18.3gNet Carbohydrates: 17.2gFiber: 1.1gSugar: 5.8gProtein: 4g
Did you make this recipe?
Be sure to tag @secretlyhealthyhome on Instagram, Facebook or Pinterest with a picture of your recipe creation! Please leave a star rating and or comment! It really helps support me and encourages me to keep making recipes for you!