Healthy Cookies And Cream Protein Shake
This Healthy Cookies and Cream Protein Shake Recipe is the best thick and creamy dessert, snack, or breakfast! 18.5 grams of protein and hidden veggies, make it the perfect healthy treat when you’re craving something sweet!
What to Put in Cookies and Cream Protein Shake
This healthy shake is packed with nutrients and healthy ingredients. There are even some hidden veggies in there. If you know anything about the Shh Kitchen, you know that I LOVE all things with hidden veggies… for instance my Secretly Healthy Fudge Brownies, Healthy Carrot Cake, Chocolate Mousse Cake, or Sugar Cookie Dessert Hummus. Check below for what the secret veggie is in this shake!
Ingredients for Healthy Cookies and Cream Shake:
- Frozen Banana (Rich in Potassium + Fiber)
- Frozen Zucchini (you can’t taste it!)
- Vanilla Plant Based Protein Powder
- Maca Powder (Find out the benefits in this video with me and Cam)
- Cacao Nibs (or dairy-free chocolate chips)
- Vanilla Extract
- Plant Based Milk
(Full measurements listed below)
How to Make Cookies and Cream Protein Shake
Similar to my Chocolate Chip Cookie Baked Oatmeal, this shake might be up there for one of the easiest recipes to come from the Shh Kitchen.
- Place all ingredients in a high speed blender and blend on high for about 1 minute.
- Pour into your favorite glass, top with whipped cream, crushed healthy oreos, cacao nibs or chocolate chips. Enjoy!
Vegan Protein Shake
You’re going to love how thick, creamy, and delicious this shake is while still being dairy-free! It’s vegan because of the plant based milk and the vegan protein powder we use. You can use any protein powder you have (such as whey) if you don’t need it to be vegan. Another way to make this shake vegan is by using my homemade healthy oreos recipe. They’re so simple to make and you might just ditch the store bought oreos after tasting them.
More Healthy Cookie Recipes
Peanut Butter Cookie Dough Bars
I cannot wait for you to give this healthy cookies and cream protein shake a try! Please snap a picture and share it with me!
Seeing your kitchen creations makes my day and encourages me to keep creating new recipes for you!
Happy Protein Shakin’!
PIN FOR LATER
Cookies and Cream Protein Shake
This Cookies and Cream Protein Shake Recipe is the perfect thick and creamy dessert, snack, or breakfast! Since it has hidden veggies and is made with frozen banana and plant based vanilla protein powder, this healthy protein shake will build your muscle and satisfy that sweet tooth!
- 1½ Frozen Bananas
- ½ Cup Frozen Chopped Zucchini (See Note 1 for Sub Options)
- 1 Scoop Vanilla Plant Based Protein Powder (See Note 3 for Sub Options)
- ¼ -½ tsp Maca Powder (Can Omit)
- 1 Tbs Cacao Nibs (or Dairy-Free Chocolate Chips)
- ¼ -½ tsp Vanilla Extract
- 1 Cup Plant Based Milk (or milk of choice)
- Homemade Healthy Oreos
- Healthier Store Bought Oreos
- Cocowhip (Or Regular Whipped Cream)
1. Place all ingredients in a high speed blender and blend on high for about 1 minute until smooth.
2. Pour into glass and top with whipped cream, healthy oreos, chocolate chips, or cacao nibs.
- You can’t taste the frozen zucchini at all! Trust me. If you don’t have frozen zucchini you may sub for frozen cauliflower or ½ cup ice cubes.
- Don’t have maca powder? You can omit the maca powder if you don’t have it. It does add a nice sweet flavor though. Watch this video of “What’s In My Healthy Pantry” to learn more about the benefits of maca powder!
- Protein Powder: I have tried this recipe with unflavored grass fed whey protein powder and vanilla plant based protein powder. Both are equally delicious! You can even try it with chocolate protein powder. If using unflavored protein powder, you may need an additional natural sweetener like honey or maple syrup.
- Every protein powder is different in flavor so you can add as much vanilla extract or maca powder to your taste.
Be sure to tag @secretlyhealthyhome on Instagram, Facebook or Pinterest with a picture of your shake!
Did you make this recipe? Please leave a star rating and or comment! It really helps support me and encourages me to keep making recipes for you!
There are affiliate links on this site. I do earn from qualifying purchases, at no cost to you the buyer. Thank you for supporting Secretly Healthy Home!
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 394Total Fat: 14.1gCarbohydrates: 53.4gNet Carbohydrates: 45.9gFiber: 7.5gSugar: 25.9gProtein: 18.5g