Healthy Banana Chocolate Chip Muffins (Easy Blender Recipe!)
You’re going to love these healthy banana chocolate chip muffins. This recipe is so easy because it’s made straight in the blender! They’re gluten-free, naturally sweetened, & vegan-friendly. My kids also love them! Perfect to have on hand for easy quick breakfasts.
Healthy Banana Chocolate Chip Muffins (Easy Blender Recipe!)
You’re going to love these healthy banana chocolate chip muffins. This recipe is so easy because it's made straight in the blender! They’re gluten-free, naturally sweetened, & vegan-friendly. My kids also love them! Perfect to have on hand for easy quick breakfasts.
- 2 large overripe bananas
- ¼ cup melted refined coconut oil
- 1 egg (see note 1 for substitute)
- ¼ cup unsweetened almond milk (or milk of choice)
- 1 tsp. vanilla extract
- 1 tsp. apple cider vinegar
- ¼ cup honey or pure maple syrup (I buy mine in bulk)
- 1¾ cup rolled oats or quick cooking
- ½ cup blanched almond flour (or cashew flour)
- ½ tsp. cinnamon
- ⅛ tsp. pink Himalayan salt
- 3 tsp. baking powder
- ⅓ cup dark chocolate chips or chopped chocolate bar + a few extra for topping
- Preheat oven to 350 F. and grease 11 muffin tins (or 48 mini-muffin tins) generously with coconut oil, you can also use paper liners or silicon muffin liners.
- Add all ingredients except dark chocolate chips to a high-speed blender or food processor and blend until smooth. Add in the dark chocolate chips and mix gently.
- Transfer muffin batter to muffin tins, filling ¾ full (should make 11 muffins). Top with additional chocolate chips if desired.
- Bake at 350 F. for 15-20 minutes (11 minutes for mini-muffins) or until a toothpick comes out clean (mine were done after 16 minutes). Let cool at least 10 minutes in the muffin tin before removing (pro tip: slide a spoon under each muffin to remove them from the tin). Enjoy! Store in an airtight container on the counter for up to 4 days, in the refrigerator for up to a week, or freeze for up to 3 months.
- Egg substitute: you can substitute the 1 egg for 1 flax egg (1 Tbs. ground flax + 2 Tbs. water. Mix and let thicken for 3-5 minutes.)
There are affiliate links on this site. I do earn from qualifying purchases, at no cost to you the buyer. Thank you for supporting Secretly Healthy Home!
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 197Total Fat: 11.2gCarbohydrates: 24gNet Carbohydrates: 20.6gFiber: 3.4gSugar: 5.5gSugar Alcohols: 0gProtein: 3.8g
PIN FOR LATER
Healthy Banana Chocolate Chip Muffins
If you love a nice moist and fluffy banana muffin, this is the recipe for you. Just like my Healthy Lemon Poppyseed Muffins recipe, or my Healthy Chocolate Chip Pumpkin Muffins, these muffins are secretly healthy, but you would never know. They are perfectly sweetened without using sugar and are absolutely delicious.
If you’re on the lookout for more healthy banana recipes you HAVE to check out my 26 healthy banana recipes blog post. It has everything from various banana bread flavors, brownies, and cookies, to baked oatmeal recipes. You’re sure to find anything you crave and it is the perfect way to use up ripe bananas.
Also, a pro tip: top these muffins with some peanut butter or almond butter, and your life will be changed 🙂
Reasons To Love These Gluten-Free Banana Muffins?
- Ridiculously easy to make! Just pop everything into a blender, blend, then bake and enjoy!
- Perfect amount of fluff and moisture. These healthy banana muffins are fluffy without being too dry or dense. They are perfectly moist without using a crazy amount of processed oil (we use coconut oil).
- Flavor explosion. The banana chocolate chip flavor is truly the best flavor combo!
- Super healthy and filling. Since these muffins have healthy ingredients in them, they will keep you fuller longer and won’t spike your blood sugar as badly. Perfect for snacking on, eating for breakfast, or even an after-dinner treat.
- High in fiber. Ya gotta love oats for being such an amazing source of complex carbs and fiber. The perfect way to kick start any day!
- There are limitless add-ins for these banana muffins! Before baking them, you can add in shredded coconut, blueberries, strawberries, or whatever your heart desires!
- Toddler and kid-friendly! Kids absolutely love these muffins, especially if you make them mini. They are the perfect size for kids and adults alike.
How To Make Healthy Banana Chocolate Chip Muffins
Like I said before, you only need one bowl for this healthy banana muffin recipe. I hate using multiple bowls for baking. If you feel the same way, then you definitely need to check out my Healthy Baking Course. I teach you all the simple tips and tricks to make healthy baking easy! To make these healthy banana chocolate chip muffins you simply add everything to a blender, mix in your chocolate chips, fill up your muffin tins, and bake! Full instructions are in the recipe above 🙂
Easy Banana Oat Muffins
I have a confession. The reason I made this a blender recipe is that I was all out of my pre-made oat flour 😂 Usually I have a whole gallon of pre-made oat flour that I blend up in bulk to keep on hand for all my healthy recipes. Well, when I was about to make these muffins I realized I was all out! So instead of just blending up oats and then making the muffins, I decided, “Why not just make everything right in the blender?!” Brilliant. Truly brilliant. I think you will appreciate how easy these muffins are to make too.
Healthy Banana Chocolate Chip Muffins No Flour
Similar to my healthy banana bread recipe these healthy banana chocolate chip muffins use oat flour and almond flour. No processed white flour here! I love making gluten-free recipes for all my gluten-intolerant friends. I am not gluten-free personally, but creating secretly healthy recipes usually ends in a gluten-free recipe, and I’m not mad about that. We use a combination of oats and almond flour in this recipe to make the perfect banana muffin. This “flour” combination gives the muffins fluff and also gives them moisture and a very tender texture. I’m sure you’re going to love them!
Can I Make These Healthy Banana Muffins Vegan?
Absolutely. Just replace the 1 egg with 1 flax egg (1 Tbs. ground flax + 2 Tbs. water. Let thicken for 5 minutes). Let me know if you try this! I’d love to know how they turn out. And if you’re looking for more healthy vegan recipes, definitely check out my Homemade Chocolate Sauce, Chocolate Crinkle Cookies, Fudgy Zucchini Brownies, and so many more!
Toddler-Friendly Healthy Muffins
As a mom of two busy toddlers, I am here to tell you that these healthy banana muffins are an absolute hit in our house. I love making them ahead of time to have for the week. They make the perfect breakfast, especially when you top them with some creamy peanut butter or almond butter. SO GOOD!
Can I Make These Chocolate Muffins Mini Size?
You absolutely can make these healthy banana muffins mini-size! Just use a mini muffin pan. This is my favorite one from amazon! I’m obsessed with it and I didn’t think I would use it as much as I do. Honestly, I like making these muffins mini more than regular ones. They’re the perfect toddler snack and great for hosting! The baking time will vary on the smaller muffins. Bake them for 10-14 minutes until a toothpick comes out clean.
More Healthy Banana Recipes
Chocolate Coconut Banana Bread
I cannot wait for you to give this healthy banana chocolate chip muffin recipe a try! Please snap a picture and share it with me! Seeing your kitchen creations makes my day and encourages me to keep creating new recipes for you!