Healthy Banana Chip Muffins (Gluten-Free)
These Healthy Banana Chip Muffins are so fluffy and moist! They are oil-free, dairy-free, gluten-free and refined sugar-free! Made with almond flour, tapioca flour, and coconut flour. These muffins are the perfect meal prep snack, dessert, or breakfast!
Easy Healthy Banana Chocolate Chip Muffins even your kids will love! These gluten-free and low calorie muffins have protein packed yogurt to keep them moist and fluffy! You’ll definitely want this recipe for the perfect clean eating snack! They only take 30 minutes to whip together!
What makes these Banana Chip Muffins Healthy?
- We use a combination of gluten-free flours that contain healthy fats, antioxidants, and fiber. The perfect flour combo we use is almond flour, tapioca flour, and coconut flour. Flour combos are my favorite way to make baked goodies, like my Healthy Chocolate Chip Cherry Cookies!
- These muffins are refined sugar-free! We use coconut sugar and banana as our natural low glycemic sweeteners! (Read all about the benefits of coconut sugar here!)
- These muffins are oil-free! We use protein packed non-fat Greek yogurt (or yogurt of your choosing) in this healthy muffin recipe. To make these muffins Paleo just use a dairy-free yogurt!
This recipe makes 10 medium/large healthy banana chip muffins. Definitely consider making a double batch because THEY GO FAST!
The SECRET to the PERFECT Gluten-Free Healthy Banana Chip Muffin
I’m thrilled to share this healthy banana chip muffin recipe with you all because honestly you can’t even tell these little fluff balls are healthy! I’ve made healthy muffins in the past and boy are they a HIT! I figured I’d share my top muffin secrets with you since you are a valuable member of the shhfam.
Here are a few secret things I do to make the PERFECT HEALTHY MUFFIN:
- Always, always, always make sure you scoop enough batter into each muffin tin. No one likes a tiny muffin. The bigger: the fluffier!
- Almond Flour: this flour is such an amazing gluten-free flour and makes just about anything you are baking the perfect melt in your mouth texture. (Example A)
- Add in a wet ingredient like yogurt or pumpkin to your muffin mix! This tip gives you that perfect moist muffin! More tips on that later…
How to bake MOIST banana muffins? Easy!
- First, you mash the banana and add in the eggs and a little coconut sugar. The bananas give these muffins the perfect sweetness without even needing a ton of sugar!
- Next, you add in the yogurt. This ingredient automatically gives these muffins a super moist texture and leaves you craving more!
- Then, you fold in the gluten-free flours. We use almond flour, tapioca flour, and coconut flour which are all rich in healthy fats. These gluten-free flours make these muffins LITERALLY melt in your mouth!
- And finally, you divide the batter evenly among 10 muffin cups (I use silicone liners). Then bake them for only 20 minutes! Let the muffins cool (just for a second if you can restrain yourself) and devour!
If you try these muffins please leave us a comment below and tag @secretlyhealthyhome on Instagram! Seeing your baking creations makes my day and encourages me to keep making recipes for you!
PIN FOR LATER
Healthy Banana Chip Muffins (Gluten-Free)
These Healthy Banana Chip Muffins are so fluffy and moist! They are oil-free, dairy-free, gluten-free and refined sugar-free! Made with almond flour, tapioca flour, and coconut flour. These muffins are the perfect meal prep snack, dessert, or make-ahead breakfast!
- 1 Cup Mashed Banana (about 2 ripe bananas)
- 2 Eggs
- ⅓ Cup Plain Dairy-Free Yogurt (or plain yogurt of choice) (see Note 1)
- ½ Cup Coconut Sugar (or Sucanat)
- ½ tsp Cinnamon
- ½ Cup Coconut Flour
- ½ Cup Tapioca Flour
- ½ Cup Blanched Almond Flour (the brand I use)
- ¼ tsp Pink Himalayan Salt
- 1 tsp Baking Powder
- ¼ tsp Baking Soda
- ⅓ Cup Dairy-Free Chocolate Chips
1. Preheat oven to 350 F. and line muffin pan with liners (I love using silicone liners). You can also grease the muffin tin.
2. In a medium bowl, mash the banana with the back of a fork. Add the rest of the wet ingredients (eggs, yogurt, and sugar) to the mashed banana and mix until smooth.
3. To the banana mixture, add and fold in the cinnamon, coconut flour, tapioca flour, almond flour, and pink salt.
4. Next, gently fold in the baking soda and baking powder.
5. Finally, fold in chocolate chips, mixing until just combined.
6. Divide the batter evenly among muffin tins, filling each almost to the top (should fill 10 muffin cups).
7. Bake at 350 F. for 20 minutes until a toothpick comes out clean or with just a few moist crumbs attached.
8. Let cool for 5 minutes before transferring out of muffin pan. Enjoy warm or store in an airtight container in the fridge for up to 4 days!
- Since I’m not strictly Paleo, I love using protein packed plain non-fat Greek yogurt for this healthy muffin recipe. Feel free to use whatever yogurt you prefer!
- The silicone muffin liners are game changing. They make popping these muffins out of the pan so easy and the muffins maintain their shape well when you take them out of the liners.
If you try these muffins please leave us a comment below and tag @secretlyhealthyhome on Instagram! Seeing your baking creations make my day and allows me to keep creating recipes for you!
There are affiliate links on this site. I do earn from qualifying purchases, at no cost to you the buyer. Thank you for supporting Secretly Healthy Home!
Serving Size:1 muffin
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 196Total Fat: 7.3gTrans Fat: 0gCarbohydrates: 28.7gNet Carbohydrates: 24.9gFiber: 3.8gSugar: 19.8gProtein: 4.7g
Yum! Made these with oat flour instead, since it’s all I had in the pantry. Still super yummy!
So happy you made them with what you had on hand! I am so glad they turned out well! I love when people switch it up because I always love to hear how the recipes turn out! Thank you so much for your sweet comment. Bake on! 🙂
These are so good! I used almond flour, oat flour, and rolled oats; and maple syrup instead of coconut sugar (added a few extra oats to compensate for the extra liquid).
I’m so glad you loved these muffins, Alayna! 🙂 Love the substitutions you made and I’m so glad they turned out well. Thank you for leaving the review! It means so much to me!