This Gluten-Free Cake Pop Recipe tastes just like the Starbucks version! They’re healthy, made with all wholesome ingredients, but you would never know. Secretly healthy at it’s finest. No baking needed either!
So I recently had a cake pop from starbucks on my birthday and I was reminded of just how DELICIOUS they are! I instantly went to work trying to recreate the Starbucks cake pops but make them healthy! And let me tell you, your girl succeeded! I’ve had numerous honest friends and family all swoon over this recipe and tell me they LOVE them! So, now it’s your turn to try!
The Best Vegan Cake Pop Recipe
These gluten-free vegan cake pops are amazing, my friends! If you’ve tried some of my other vegan, gluten-free recipes, like my Vegan Pumpkin Cookies, or my Healthy Nutella Granola, you know that they are easy and delicious! These healthy cake pops are no exception!
Super soft texture
Best white chocolate coating
You don’t need a box cake mix
All “good for you” ingredients
Easy to make
How to Make No Bake Cake Pops
These gluten-free birthday cake cake pops are super easy to whip together too! If you’ve been around the Secretly Healthy Home Kitchen a while, you know I’m a BIG fan of no-bake desserts. My most favorite being my Peanut Butter Cookie Dough Bars (also vegan and gluten-free). I actually have a video on Instagram showing you exactly how to make these cake pops step by step! You simply whisk all the dry ingredients together, then add in the wet ingredients. Stir it all together and roll them into balls. Stick a cake pop stick in the center of each and pop them in the fridge to set. Melt your white chocolate. Then, dunk and decorate those healthy cake pops!
There are many things to love about these no-bake gluten-free cake pops. One of them being that they are also vegan because we don’t use any cream cheese or frosting to make them! The thing that holds these cake pops together is a flax egg and some maple syrup. I love using flax eggs to hold my healthy dessert recipes together without adding a ton of oil. I do this same trick in my Vegan Cookie Dough Ice Cream Sandwiches recipe and No-Bake Chocolate Almond Butter Bars too!
Are Starbucks Cake Pops Vegan?
According to what I found via the internet, starbucks cake pops, or any of their treats, are not vegan. This source actually explains how they aren’t even vegetarian either! Woah. Well, no need to fear my vegan friends, this no bake gluten-free cake pop recipe is 100% vegan! They are dairy-free and egg free! Doesn’t get much better than that.
Don’t Have Sticks? Make Vegan Cake Balls!
I know you might be hesitant to make these cake pops because you might not have cake pop sticks laying around your kitchen. You can actually get them off amazon really cheap! That’s where I got my cake pop sticks. But, if you want these cake pops NOW and don’t have sticks, just forego the sticks and make them vegan cake balls! Same taste, just lower to the counter 😉
I cannot wait for you to give this No-Bake Gluten-Free Cake Pop Recipe a try! Please snap a picture and share it with me! Seeing your kitchen creations makes my day and encourages me to keep creating new recipes for you!
1. Line a cookie sheet or large plate with parchment paper and set aside.
2. In a medium bowl, mix the oat flour, tapioca flour, almond flour, and pink salt together until combined.
3. To the dry ingredients, add the flax egg, almond extract, and maple syrup. Mix until a dough forms.
4. Take about 1-2 Tbs of dough, roll it between palms and place on parchment-lined tray. Repeat until all dough is gone (should make about 9-10 cake balls).
5. Melt the almond bark (or white melting chocolate) using a double boiler or microwave. If microwaving, melt in 20 second intervals, stirring in between each interval until melted.
6. Lightly stick a cake pop stick in the center of each cake pop to make a hole. Then cover the tip of each stick with melted chocolate and place it back in the cake pop. This will act like glue to help the sticks stay in place.
7. Using a spoon, cover the cake pops with melted chocolate and smooth out. Be sure to wipe off extra chocolate, you don’t want too much otherwise it will drip. Top with sprinkles or topping of choice and allow chocolate to set for at least 5 minutes before enjoying!
Once you’ve placed the cake pop sticks, don’t move them too much otherwise they will fall out because the hole will get loose.
Store in an airtight container on the counter for up to a week, in the refrigerator for up to 2 weeks or freeze for 3 months!
Use code "shh20" for FREE SHIPPING off your online nut-butter orders at Georgia Grinders!
Be sure to tag @secretlyhealthyhome on Instagram, Facebook or Pinterest with a picture of your recipe! I love seeing your kitchen creations so please leave a comment and rate the recipe if you make it! It really helps support me!
There are affiliate links on this site. I do earn from qualifying purchases, at no cost to you the buyer. Thank you for supporting Secretly Healthy Home!
Be sure to tag @secretlyhealthyhome on Instagram, Facebook or Pinterest with a picture of your recipe creation! Please leave a star rating and or comment! It really helps support me and encourages me to keep making recipes for you!