Fudgy Mint Chocolate Bars (No-Bake + Gluten-Free)
These Healthy Fudgy Mint Chocolate Bars are no-bake are probably the best clean eating treat or snack ever! They’re super easy to make and taste so decadent, you would never know they’re made without refined sugar or flour. Gluten-free, paleo, and vegan-friendly!
Healthy Chocolate Mint Bar Ingredients
If you’ve made my Triple Chocolate Almond Butter Bars, then you are sure to love this mint version too! It’s the same glorious recipe with just one added ingredient; peppermint extract!
- Ground Flax Seeds
- Almond Butter
- Pure Maple Syrup
- Peppermint Extract
- Oat Flour
- Cacao Powder
- Dairy-Free Dark Chocolate Chips or Chopped Chocolate Bar
- Coconut Oil
- Optional Ingredients: Mini Chocolate Chips & Flaky Sea Salt Crystals
*Full measurements and substitutions listed in recipe below
How To Make Chocolate Mint Bars
These bars are so easy to make and require only one bowl! Simply mix all the wet ingredients together, then mix in the dry. Pour on some melted chocolate and let them sit in the freezer until set. I cannot wait for you to sink your teeth into these fudgy bars!!!
Gluten-Free Chocolate Mint Squares
Who doesn’t love the mint and chocolate combo? Well, I’m sure there are some people out there, but if you’re reading this I’m pretty certain it’s not you. If you’re a fan of mint chocolate (which we’ve now concluded you are 😉 make sure to check out my Mint Chocolate Chip Protein Ice Cream recipe too! It’s perfect for summer and loaded with probiotics and other healthy ingredients. Oh, and we can’t forget my Healthy Thin Mint recipe too! Both are crowd-pleasers.
Almost all the recipes I create for you here in the #shhkitchen are gluten-free! What I love about these fudgy mint chocolate bars in particular though is that the flour you use is very versatile! You can use homemade oat flour (here’s my step by step guide of how to make oat flour at home), or you can use almond or cashew flour! If you choose cashew or almond flour then these bars will be completely paleo! Whooohooo! If you’re wondering what the differences are between all these healthy flours, be sure to check out my blog post on the Top 6 Healthy Flours + How To Use Them.
Perfect Vegan Mint Recipe
If you’re looking for the perfect mint chocolate recipe that’s also vegan and easy to make, you’ve come to the right place. We use 2 flax eggs in this recipe to make the mint chocolate bars hold together. Flax also is high in fiber and low in calories, so bonus points! I love using flax eggs for so many different yummy recipes like my Healthy Gender Reveal Cake Pops, Protein Cookie Dough Hearts, No Bake Peanut Butter Pumpkin Bars, and more!
More Healthy No-Bake Recipes!
I cannot wait for you to give these Fudgy Mint Chocolate Bars a try! Please snap a picture and share it with me! Seeing your kitchen creations makes my day and encourages me to keep creating new recipes for you!
Happy Mint Chocolate Bar Makin’!
PIN FOR LATER
Fudgy Mint Chocolate Bars (No-Bake + Gluten-Free)
These Healthy Fudgy Mint Chocolate Bars are no-bake are probably the best clean eating treat or snack ever! You only need 8 ingredients. They’re super easy to make and taste so decadent, you would never know they’re made without refined sugar or flour. Gluten-free, paleo, and vegan-friendly!
- 2 Tbs Ground Flax Seeds + 4 Tbs Water
- 1 Cup Almond Butter (can sub any nut/seed butter, I used crunchy Almond Butter code “shh20”)
- ¼ Cup Honey or Pure Maple Syrup
- 1 tsp Peppermint Extract
- ½ Cup Oat Flour (can sub Almond Flour or Cashew Flour)
- ¼ Cup + 3 Tbs Cacao Powder (can sub cocoa powder)
- Optional: 1 Tbs- 3 Tbs Dairy-Free Mini Chocolate Chips
- ½ Cup Dairy-Free Chocolate Chips or Chopped Chocolate Bar (I used dark chocolate)
- 1 tsp Refined Coconut Oil (can use regular coconut oil)
- Optional: Dash of peppermint extract, Flaky Sea Salt or Salt Crystals
1. Line a 1.5-quart dish with parchment paper (See Note 1).
2. In a medium bowl combine ground flax and water and let sit until thickened (2-5 minutes). Then, stir in nut butter, mint extract, and maple syrup.
3. Mix in oat flour, cacao powder, and optional chocolate chips until dough forms.
4. Press chocolate dough into parchment-lined dish, making an even layer. Place in freezer to set while you melt the chocolate.
5. Melt chocolate and coconut oil in microwave or using a double boiler. If microwaving, melt in 20-second intervals, stirring in between. Add in some peppermint extract if desired.
6. Get mint bars out of freezer, pour melted chocolate on top, and smooth until covered evenly. Optional: top with flaky sea salt. Place mint chocolate bars back in freezer to set for at least 30 minutes.
8. Once the chocolate layer has set, pull bars from freezer, cut, and enjoy!
9. Store mint chocolate bars in the fridge for up to a month or in the freezer for up to 3 months. (I eat these bars straight from the freezer!)
- Since we aren’t baking these bars, you can use whatever dish you have on hand. My 1.5 quart pan made 18 mint chocolate squares.
- Grinding flax seeds: You can grind whole flax seeds in a coffee grinder, food processor, or blender.
Use code "shh20" for FREE SHIPPING off your online nut-butter orders at Georgia Grinders!
Be sure to tag @secretlyhealthyhome on Instagram, Facebook or Pinterest with a picture of your recipe! I love seeing your kitchen creations so please leave a comment and rate the recipe if you make it! It really helps support me!
There are affiliate links on this site. I do earn from qualifying purchases, at no cost to you the buyer. Thank you for supporting Secretly Healthy Home!
Serving Size:1 square with Lillys Chocolate and Almond flour used
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 118Total Fat: 9.3gCarbohydrates: 7.6gNet Carbohydrates: 4.6gFiber: 3gSugar: 3.2gProtein: 4.1g
Thank you, Claire, for the recipe for Fudgy Mint Chocolate Bars. This article is very useful for those who are looking for a gluten-free recipe. This recipe is not only tasty but healthy as well.
I appreciate your efforts in collecting and presenting this information. Thank you very much.
Thank you so much! I’m so glad you enjoyed them. They are one of my personal favorites as well 🙂
Fudgy Mint Chocolate Bars are looking delicious thank you Claire for such a delicious recipe which is healthy and tasty.
So glad you love it 🙂