This Chocolate Chip Cookie Brownie Skillet (Brookie) is soft, chewy, and seriously tastes “unhealthy”. Made with all gluten-free and refined sugar-free ingredients with a vegan option too! You’ll never want the unhealthy version again after tasting this…
Craving a Cookie and a Brownie? I got you.
Everywhere I looked on the internet, the only recipes I could find for a cookie brownie skillet were made from box mixes. Meaning, a box of brownie mix and a tube of premade cookie dough. While that’s an easy way to make a dessert, let’s be real… it’s not going to be the healthiest option. Box mixes are almost always packed with outrageous amounts of processed sugars, flours, and preservatives. Not necessarily something we want to be putting into our bodies.
So, one night when dessert time rolled around and my fridge was not stocked with my secretly healthy fudge brownies, or my chocolate chip cherry cookies, I was distraught. I wanted to make something QUICK because my dessert stomach (yes it’s a separate stomach, there’s always room in it. Comment below if you have one too) was getting impatient. But, what to make?! I needed a fast, simple, recipe that was healthy too.
Chocolate Chip Cookie Brownie Skillet Creation
Then it hit me. A COOKIE AND A BROWNIE! I began whipping together a healthy brownie mix that’s similar to my Raspberry Brownie recipe in one bowl, and then created a new, absolutely OUT OF THIS WORLD, healthy cookie dough! It seriously tastes just like an unhealthy chocolate chip cookie. If you follow me on Instagram, you know that it can be whipped up in no time! Here’s a step by step of how to make this glorious healthychocolate chip cookie brownie skillet…
How to make a Chocolate Chip Cookie Brownie Skillet (without box mixes)
This healthy dessert recipe is so easy to make! Here’s what you need to do:
Make the secretly healthy brownie batter in one bowl.
Whip together the gluten-free cookie dough in another bowl.
Dollop about 3 large globs of cookie dough onto the brownie layer and spread it until almost all the brownie is covered (not worrying so much about the edges).
Pop the chocolate chip cookie brownie skillet in the oven at 350 F. for 30 minutes and it will turn out soft, chewy, and lightly golden.
Enjoy with a cold glass of your favorite milk!
Why you will love this Healthy Cookie Brownie Skillet
You know when you fight your inner self about grabbing a cookie when the tray gets passed around? Then you finally give in because of the healthy eating 80 20 rule (treats are okay every once in a while! Never forget that). Finally, you sink your teeth into that cookie and it’s all you’ve ever dreamed it would be. Then two bites later and you’re done. Wait….that happened way too fast. The even sadder part is that your craving for a cookie has now turned into wanting 10 cookies! Just one rarely ever satisfies.
Not with this chocolate chip cookie brownie skillet! The amazing thing about this healthy dessert (and all healthy desserts for that matter) is that they satisfy your sweet tooth and leave you feeling full! Most desserts with refined sugar and flour leave you feeling more empty inside. Ever have that feeling? I know I have!
Just like my Sugar Cookie Dessert Hummus, or my Chocolate Mousse Cake, this cookie skillet recipe has ingredients that contain healthy fats, complex carbs, and low glycemic sweeteners. To put it simply, it has REAL INGREDIENTS that aren’t processed. This will fill your tummy and leave you feeling full and satiated without having to eat 10 slices.
1. Preheat oven to 350 F. and get out a 9 inch springform pan, skillet, or cake pan. (If using a cake pan, line with parchment paper to ensure easy removal) (See Note 2)
2. To make the Brownie Layer: In a medium bowl, mix together the egg, coconut sugar, and yogurt until smooth. Fold in oat flour, almond flour, cacao powder, pink salt, baking powder and baking soda.
3. To make the Cookie Layer: In a medium bowl, mix together the egg, coconut sugar and grass fed butter until smooth. Fold in the oat flour, cashew flour, maca powder, baking powder, and pink salt. Fold in chocolate chips.
4. Pour brownie batter into springform pan and smooth out to make an even layer.
5. Dollop cookie dough in different places on top of the brownie layer and then spread out evenly. (You don’t have to go all the way to the edges)
6. Bake at 350 F. for 25-30 minutes until a toothpick comes out clean.
7. Enjoy with a glass of cold milk! Store in an airtight container on the counter for up to 3 days or in the fridge for up to two weeks (the fridge may dry it out a little)
I used plain non-fat Greek yogurt but you are welcome to use any plain yogurt of choice! Dairy-free options will work perfectly!
I didn’t grease my pan and the cookie brownie skillet came out perfect! Nothing got stuck. I put parchment paper on the base of the springform pan then I put a cookie sheet under it so that the parchment paper wasn’t touching the oven rack.